I cannot believe that it is August already! As much as I have tried to savor every single second of this summer, somehow it has flown by. What was in actuality hours watching HGTV seems like minutes in hindsight. Linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for this little bit of fun!
Listening:
I love Pandora. I mean seriously. I listen to it while I am cooking, at the gym, lounging in the yard. We even break out the kids bop Pandora at school! The soundtrack to my summer has consisted of Luke Bryan, Eric Church, and Jason Aldean. PS Luke, if you're reading this, you can crash my party anytime.Loving:
I love tax free weekend! Unfortunately, word is that this is the last one our state will see. Along with all of the other moments in NC government lately that have made me super proud, this is one of the worst. I get most of my school supplies when they are on sale and this weekend is a great time to buy! Also, tons of parents take advantage of saving on their kids supplies. I will be visiting my faaaav teacher store today, Teachers Pet!Thinking:
That sun is mighty bright this morning! Apparently, yesterday I thought it was a good idea to crack the blinds and let a little light into my room. Instant regret at 6:00 this morning.Wanting:
To see my room! I haven't visited that love-hate relationship since I had to pack everything away at the end of the year. This lady has lots to do! Bulletin boards, name tags, and gobs and gobs of other things. Luckily I love organizing. (Mostly because I get to see all of my school supplies. Teacher probs.)Needing:
In hindsight, with my dress fitting being 6 days away, I probably shouldn't have eaten the three peanut butter cookies last night. Or the other two. Hey, I had to celebrate the Braves win somehow! And when your fiance says "I could go for a snack," you certainly don't whip out some celery.Must Haves:
I haven't had much caffeine this summer and I intend to give my system the shock of its life that first week of school. I won't go as far to say that I will wheeling around a coffee IV but I have to stay energized some how. After the first day of school last year, I went to sleep at 6 pm. I have never been so exhausted in my life.
I should own stock in Jack Rogers and the people who make the knock-offs at Payless that last about 2 weeks. Thank God it doesn't really get cold here that often. My toes don't like to be confined in shoe jail.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this teacher binder on TPT. I have about 97 binders around my room and it would be so nice to have everything in one place! (Not to mention the plethora of papers stuck to the white board and taped to my desk.)
(http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-ULTIMATE-Teaching-Survival-Binder-Black-and-White-With-Pops-of-Color-Theme-728247) Just in case the link doesn't work.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I love country music too :) I gave up drinking soda at the end of the last school year and haven't drank it at all this summer, so the beginning of school should be interesting. Hopefully I can stay awake!
ReplyDeleteJessica
Literacy Spark
LOL this post is cracking me up! Love the Pandora part!!!
ReplyDeleteI have to stay wired with caffeine during the day, although my bladder is going to be the thing in shock when school starts... not sure how to prepare for that one!
Good luck with getting everything done!
Kelly
Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! It is to promote blogs with less than 200 followers. Follow the link if you'd like to participate! http://thelandofican.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html
Love the cute blog!
Julie
Thanks!!!
DeleteI'm glad I found your blog. I'm also an NC teacher and I'm about to head out for tax free shopping! I love Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean as well. I was going to go to Jason's concert but tickets are SO expensive!
ReplyDeleteJamie
Sixth Grade Tales
Follow my new Facebook page
If you are anything like me, you spend more money on school supplies than clothes and shoes! Okay maybe not shoes... I went and saw Luke and Jason last year in the pouring rain. It was AWESOME!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete