Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Time is running short

Starting to feel the pressure of getting everything done in my room.  I am loving my outside bulletin board.  I attempted to cut out the letters on my cricut but I have a new mat and it was too sticky!  The paper got stuck and kept ripping.  What a bummer.  I had to cut the letters out by hand.  Pain in the butt, but they don't look too bad!  


We are going to try on line homework this year using Scootpad.  Our budget has been cut (thanks McCrory!)  and we are only going to get one box of paper to use until Christmas.  YIKES!  This will save about 100 pieces of paper per class per week.  Of course we will have to print paper homework for the students who do not have internet access.  We also did away with Accelerated Reader.  I am going to use reader's response journals this year to keep my students accountable for what they read.  Once a week they will turn their journal in to me and I will respond to their book response.  I have assigned different children different days so that I won't be responding to 20 journals every night.  I also used fabric on my inside bulletin boards this year.  I'm trying all kinds of new things, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment